This is a preorder for the WiiDual Kit.
The ultimate internal video upgrade for your Nintendo Wii
- Simultaneous HDMI & Analog Output
- Analog RGBS/RGsB/RGBHV/YPbPr available
- Runs the latest version of GCVideo by Unseen
I've retired this product from production as there is a new piece of hardware in the works. There is no ETA on the new WiiHDMI hardware.
WiiDual is internal hardware designed to run a custom GC-Video 2.4c by Unseen for Nintendo Wii. The following motherboard revisions are supported.
- RVK-CPU-01 (No Gamecube Ports)
- RVK-CPU-02 (No Gamecube Ports)
The WiiDual outputs analog video and HDMI simultaneously. It can output 240p/480i/480p in all video modes. 240p/480i and can be line doubled to display 480p. The analog portion supports the following outputs: RGBS/RGBHV/RGsB/YPbPr. Composite sync outputs annenunted levels.
If you would like to know more about the features available with GC-Video (Like the On screen display, etc) Please checkout Unseen's github,https://github.com/ikorb/gcvideo
- There currently is no good "off the shelf" solution for VGA.
- For YPbPr you will need a standard Wii Component Cable.
- If using a standard RGBS/Scart cable, it will need to be modifed to work the WiiDual. The Color channels need to be swapped and Composite Video needs to be remove from the console. These are both simple procedures. Please look at this image for details on how a modified RGC cable should look: https://i.imgur.com/nwVKO9r.jpg
Retro-Access has a cable that requires no modifications. It will also allow CSYNC over the DTerminal lines. This will allow for Composite Video to remain intact. This will be the recommended cable.
Please visit this page for full instructions: http://dansprojects.com/wiidual_install.html
This is a pre-assembled kit that includes everything you need to install, besides basic tools. A list of tools need is listed in the install instructions. Installation is for advanced users only. Each kit is throughly tested before being packaged and sent out. I cannot be held responsible for damage to any console or kit.
GC-Video also carries this license: https://github.com/ikorb/gcvideo/blob/master/README.md